TULIPS AND CAPYBARAS 3 ๐ŸŒท ๐ŸŒท ๐ŸŒท (DIVE INTO MY THOUGHTS ft. DESI CINEMA)

 ๐ŸŒท Heer from Jab tak hai jaan (tum bhi suno)

“What is done with love is done well” 

   - Vincent Van Gogh 

Humans love stories, since the beginning of the civilizations, the urge to tell anything and everything to everyone is highest in humans, sometimes I think that this urge is what drove them to create a language, make art, and express themselves, but as time passed people took it for granted, the boon given by their ancestors.

   In every era they tried to sideline the art first, and then kill the artists as soon as they can, cause art is revolutionary, are is funny, are is lively, art is political, art says everything without saying anything, and then you see people who ask you - What is the importance of the art ? Why you read books ? Why you so perfomative, going to galleries? - Just because you don't have enough brain capacity to comprehend something as simple as human emotions expressed by someone, that doesn't mean everyone is on the same level as you, so stop blabbering and keep scrolling like a robot and follow the same trend. 

But despite all the genocides, art and artists survied, they always rebuild themselves, and came back with same excitement, from trenches to backyards, from Universities to corner rooms, stories bloomed, and then we came to modern era of art, post world wars, expressing everything through our stories, finally we saw pov's which were beyond mainstream white ink, now everyone wanted to speak.

   MOVIES - revolutionised the scene of story telling, it helped the general public to relate more to it, people who never saw school, people who never saw the world outside of there neighborhood, can see how london looks like, how god's would've looked, they did not force there brain to learn reading, or study art in Vienna, they just sat infront of screens, letting someone else imagine the story for themselves and seeing everything through their mind, but still they had power, power to decide if the story was good or not. 

But no matter if it's Chaucer or Dharma productions telling stories, no matter if it's story about kings or a random indigenous people from America, no matter if it's an adults POV or a POV of a teenager - there is one topic that always been same, it is ROMANCE.

tulips













Love is something that everyone craves, everyone yearns, everyone looses and everyone finds beautiful, this reminds me of this very famous phrase - 

 “Omnia vincit amor: et nos cedamus amori” 
(Love conquers all things; let us too yield to love!)
- Virgil

Today I wanna talk about some of my favourite bollywood movies, stories, characters, love, everything, this blog might get lengthy, so if you wanna save some time leave now. 

Sing what you feel for me. 

๐Ÿฐ So first movie that I remember watching multiple times is AISHA, released in 2010, is a romance comedy, remake of EMMA by Jane Austen. I don't even know how many times I've watched it, one thing that's best about tv is that you never know how many times you'll re-watch anything, without thinking much about it, specially during slow sundays. Aisha is about a girl name Aisha, played by Sonam Kapoor, and she is no not relatable to me, but when I was young, I felt like Aisha is someone I'd like to be, she feels so much but then she never thinks twice, she spends freely, she makes friends easily, always ready to help, inshort in my genZ slang, she is a girliepop, in her delulu, trying to make matches every now and then.

Scene from Aisha









It was like a comfort movie to me, when I was very young. Probably 12-13 years old, but now when I watch Aisha, I only look at Arjun, played by Abhay Deol, my love of him started from this movie, I never knew that when I started looking at him instead of Aisha, Arjun is not your conventionally attractive guy, but Arjun is everything you dreamt of, he is present, everytime, he likes Aisha despite of her flaws, ohh by flaws I didn't mean anything toxic, by flaws I mean her childishness, someone who keeps alive that trait of yours is the most precious person, at the end Aisha understands his value in her life, they end up together, as I said he is not conventionally attractive but at the end you'll fall for him. 

I'm jeleous of you Aisha, not only you got Arjun but you also got Abhay Deol, he is the kind of guy I imagine my husband would be, I mean I wish. 

๐ŸŒทSong from the movie - Gal mitthi mitthi

(“I want to be this girl.”)


๐ŸฐSecond movie, where my real delusion started, where I started feeling something in my stomach is 2014 movie HASEE TO PHASEE - y'all crave for Siddharth Malhotra from Shershah, just go and watch this movie, you'll see how pretty a man can be if he is in love.

Siddharth played Nikhil, now Nikhil ain't your perfect guy like Arjun, Nikhil is flawed, very much flawed, he was about to marry Karishma played by Adah Sharma but then he falls for Meethi played by Pariniti Chopra, Nikhil had most of his wedding ceremonies done with Karishma, and at the same time he is struggling in his buisness and he meets Meethi, geeky, quirky (wiki) and he felt the connection with her, Meethi is not normal, not normal' as per the society, she is different from everyone around her, always sidelined, even Nikhil gets panicked initially but he never get disgusted by her, and slowly he tries to understand her.

Scene from Hasee to phasee








Now I'm not justifying Nikhil's deeds, also story never says that he is some sort of saviour, Meethi is a special child but Nikhil gives her equal authority, listens to her, and he never tries to outcast her like her own family. 

And then they play Ishq Bulava by Sanam and that train scene, Siddharth in pink shirt, becoming the prototype of the boyfriend you dream when you have a good nights sleep. 

๐ŸŒท Song from the movie - Ishq Bulava

(“I want this kind of man.”)


๐Ÿฐ Then comes HIGHWAY - not your typical romance, where they meet and have trope of falling love and end up together, the whole premise of Highway was never meant for Veera and Mahabir to end up together, played by Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda respectively. They both come from two different worlds, two different classes, two different realities and they meet in a kidnapping set up. 

But they get close cause of their trauma, we can say that they trauma bonded, but we also have to admit that they only understood each other only because they both suffered, sometimes a hug works, sometimes a kiss, but sometimes you have to suffer from same level of pain to understand what other person is feeling, to be empathetic towards them.

What pain can do to a person? Well it will make you feel free when you are kidnapped, captivness never comes physically, well technically it does but physically you are always held captive by others, mentally is something that you do to yourself, and yes it's not easy but will it be fun if it'll be easy ? If it becomes easy there won't be any story to tell, and story is what others understand, they will never feel your tears, they might not even if they see your crying.

Scene from Highway






Veera is a kind of child I relate too, tho thankfully I did not suffer like her, but her urge to be free, and run away was/is always within me since I was very young, there is a sense of urgency to smell a free and cold breeze, just like Veera, and Highway made me feel that there will be a saviour, who'll get me out of it all, but but the ending gave me the reality check, THE SAVIOUR CAN DIE, THE SAVIOUR CAN LEAVE - so what did I learn? I will become my own saviour, I always say - I CAN DO IT, I ALWAYS DID IT ALONE - and I totally believe in it, ngl I'm 23 and I still want someone to save me, but now I'm not delusional enough to think that it's actually gonna happen. 

๐ŸŒท Song from the movie - Patakha Guddi 

(“I want someone to save me.”) 


๐Ÿฐ PIKU is the kind of movie you'll discover in your early twenties and it'll impact your life for good specially if you are a young woman in brown society, you'll discover Piku when you'll get out of the dilirium of Geet, Piku will give you reality check, she'll inspire you to be like her. 

Nowadays her wardrobe is very famous on social media, yk it's not because of how timeless and iconic it is, or because how good Deepika served it, indeed she is a diva but her outfits are iconic because they make all the Indian girls feel seen, her outfits are something we all can recreate, we all can access and wear anywhere and everywhere, she chooses it all even though she had more freedom than many Indian girls, it reflects her surroundings, it reflects the reality. 

Everyone loves Geet, her vibrance, but women like Piku can be only loved by a man like Rana, played by Irfan Khan, a driver, look at the contrast between Highway and Piku, two people from two different worlds, one ended up together one did not, what does this tell you about life and love ? - You never know what will happen next, so live what you have rn, I make someone learn this quote I believe in - NEVER SAY NEVER.

Scene from Piku







Rana and Piku gives you a peek into adult romance, how things are hard but yet so simple, specially when you talk thing out, when you communicate, you can meet your soulmate anywhere, even on the road trip when you are literally frustrated by your father, oh my god Deepika and Irfan - is one of my favourite pairings, I wish to see more of adult romance. 

๐ŸŒทSong from the movie - Journey song 

(“Actually, I want to save myself.”) 


๐Ÿฐ I want to end today's list with another Aisha, From the movie WAKE UP SID, but unlike the first one this is just like me, same dreams, same thoughts, the way she looks, the way she looks at other things, the wash she looks at life, the way she treat Sid, exactly the way I'm, she gets annoyed but never angry, she asserts herself where she feels sense of belonging.

She hesitates when she love, but she give her everything, she wants someone independent, career oriented, reliable but she is not scared of giving shoulder to someone whose in need, in all of this she does not stop, she has dreams, she wants to say so many things, either through her words or by her words (intentional).

Just like her I wish one day to work for some organisation where I can write freely about anything and everything, Aisha is very normal girl next door, she ain't some philosophy student, she learns through experiences, through life, through people around her- this was the sole reason for me to start this Blog, I wanted to write my feelings and experiences - ngl all of it wasn't inspired by this movie, cause I remember watching it when I was 10-11 years old, but that was the time when I wrote my first poem, as I say เคธเคฎीเค•เคฐเคฃ .

Scene from Wake up Sid.














This Aisha makes me dream, makes me love myself, make a space for myself, even if it's just a small room in some big city, or as small cubial in some office -

"เคคुเคฎ เคธเคฌเค•ो เคช्เคฏाเคฐ เคฆेเค•े เค–ुเคฆเค•ो เคฎเคค เคญुเคฒ เคœाเคจा,
เคฒंเคฌे เคฆिเคจ เค•े เคฌाเคฆ, เค…เคชเคจे เค›ोเคŸे เคธे เค•เคฎเคฐे เคฎें เค–ो เคœाเคจा,
เคฒंเคฌी เคธी เคฐुเค†เคธी เคฐाเคค เค•े เคฌाเคฆ, เคซ़िเคฐ เคœเคฒ्เคฆी เค‰เค  เคœाเคจा,
เค–ुเคฆเค•ो เค—เคฒे เคฒเค—ा เค•े, เค–ुเคฆ เค•ो เค–ोเคœเคจे เคจिเค•เคฒ เคœाเคจा 
เคœिเค•े เค…เคชเคจी เคœ़िเคจ्เคฆเค—ी, เคตाเคชเคธ เค‡เคธ เค•เคฎเคฐे เคฎें เค† เคœाเคจा | 

๐ŸŒท Song from the movie - Iktara
(“I want to build a life that belongs to me.”) 

Hhhuhhhh I'm tired, these days I have some much in my mind, and it's so chaotic, I don't want to burden anyone telling all of it, I like to solve it all through writing and music, everything gets so easy after all of it. Btw did you notice something? I started it with Aisha and ended it with Aisha, and yk this wasn't planned, it happened by itself, hahaha เคธเคฎीเค•เคฐเคฃ.

Well I have many shows, movie's and characters I wanna talk about but let's just rap it all for now, my shoulders are in pain after all this typing, I'm ending this for now, I might write again, will you read it ? 

Btw I'm listening to - ๐ŸŒท Fakira from SOTY 2 (tum bhi suno) 

Visual representation of me rn








.

Until I write again,

Bye...... 

.

.

- written by - muehehehe 


Comments

Popular Posts