PALACE OF VERSAILLES

In today's globalized world, where everything is available at your fingertips, sticking to just one thing feels like being in jail to me. I get that people have different tastes, and not everyone will like everything. I respect that. But when people become intolerant of other cultures while also complaining about what the Europeans did to them, it seems hypocritical. Colonization wiped out cultures because they thought they were superior, while pooping anywhere in the beautiful palace which made the whole country starve. 

The Storming of the Bastille by Jean-Pierre Houël

This ongoing quest to be the superior race or culture makes me realize humans are still like animals. We criticize authorities, but deep down, we all want to be superior to rule over others. I'm not sure which form of government is best. I was born in a democracy and would choose it every time. I dislike communist governments because no one practices real communism. China is a modern-day dictatorship, pretending to offer freedom while actually controlling everything.

Speaking of dictatorships, elections are happening here now. Some say the current government is dictatorial. It's funny how people who slept in social science classes now crying about dictatorship. They tell us not to believe propaganda videos, yet they spread their messages through videos.

The worst people to me are die-hard fans of any politician. Instead of idolizing celebrities who are atleast conventionally attractive, they are obsessed over politicians who don't even consider them equal, you are just numbers for them, 2000 votes for this village, that's it. I'd rather talk with a wall, atleast walls can hear you they say.

Remember, if you want to breathe clean air, plant the tree first, shouting, screaming doesn't knock the big doors of government mansions. Bihar isn't messed up just because of bad government but because of the idiots who keep voting for them.

When I was younger, I wondered why soldiers didn't refuse to fight in wars, knowing how terrible war is. But seeing two wars in recent years, I realize people cannot live animal instinct of marking territory. It's shocking that people are willing to die for the human-made idea of patriotism, a illusion created by authorities use to stay in power. I know war might not stop if one person will refuse to fight, but it will for sure stop if everybody will refuse - like how Alexander the Great's army stopped him from conquering the world.

Gassed by John Singer Sargent Western Front World War I 

- Isaac Rosenberg in his poem "Break of Day in the Trenches" has quoted -

Poppies whose roots are in man’s veins Drop, 

and are ever dropping;

But mine in my ear is safe—

Just a little white with the dust.”


(Reflects on the cycle of life and death in war, subtly criticizing the notion that death in battle is noble or patriotic.)


Just a question in my mind - Isn't it a violation of the right to live when leaders create war situations? 

You thought religions are flourishing cults, when they were sowing seeds of patriotism in kids.


I avoid political essays, but this one is just an experiment. 


- Thank you so much for your time !!!

Comments

Popular Posts