MY VIEW ON READING πŸ«‚πŸ“”✏️

Okay that's one of the most sane titles I've given to any of my blog !!!

At the starting of 2023, I set few goals, which I don't remember, yeah that's me, I'm her, I forget my yearly goals if I don't write them, well basically I forget everything which I don't write down, so if you'll check my desk you'll find most random ass thing written down on some sticky note or in my dairy.

Back to the point, among all the forgotten goals one which I cannot forget is that falling in love, I wished finally get into a relationship (ugh idk how to phase this sentence), so ya basically I wannabe in a relationship this year, which clearly didn't happened, I mean someone who has face like me should know their limits of wishes, well I didn't find my prince charming, but two of my closest friends got into one of the best relationships of their life, so before we were sad together and now I'm depressed and alone, cause these bitches are not into delusion anymore like we were before.

But what I didn't imagined that I'll take my book reading hobby seriously, like it wasn't on my list, I always loved reading books, but 2-3 books maximum, I read 9-10 novels in class 11th, I was into smut, y/a and fanfictions those days, so anything like that was easier than inhaling oxygen to me, but after that I was back to the basics.

So as much as I remember in around May I noticed that I read 6-7 books in just 5 months, It was a big deal for me, it inspired me, and then something clicked in me, so lemme clear it more for you, so that you can understand this.

I have this thing in me where I suddenly get obsessed with any random thing, and on other hand I also love to collect any random thing. It could be anything, for example when I was in class 10th, I collected all the chips and kurkure wrappers in my bag, for a whole year, I used to tear them perfectly, and I collected all of them in my bag, and yk what happened at the end, ANTS, TOO MANY RED ANTS on my bag one day, and as usual my mother beat the shit out of me and threw away all those packets and there my obsession ended with wrappers, then few days ago I had a idea of collecting all the pens I use, now from past six months I haven't threw any of the used pens and highlighter, I've decided to keep them for God knows how long.

So basically there are many examples like this, and don't worry this is not a sign of any kind of mental health problem, atleast on the basis of whatever I've seen online, so this same behaviour started with books, and I started obsessing over it, now I wanna read too much and collect books, so till now I've completed 26 books this year, my target was 15, and currently I'm reading 2, overall I'm thinking to reach atleast upto 30 books, cause I still have one month left.

I don't know for how long this is going to end, but I hope this to last forever, cause I really enjoy reading and diving into new world with every book.

This is how life is soo unpredictable, before this in 2022 I made a tbr list but I wasn't able to complete that, but this year there was not tbr list and I ended up reading soo much.

One more this I want to tell you, if you are reading this and you also love reading or want to start reading, but you think 1-2 books are not enough, and you can never compete with someone like me, or some booktoker and booktuber who read 50-70 books a year, then throw all these thoughts out of your mind :-

1. first of all reading doesn't only means reading books, you can read anything and still enjoy reading, for example newspaper, blogs anything, even I was obsessed with newspaper till 2022, I used to read newspaper for hours everyday, and even though I'm not as good as alot of people in writing and speaking Hindi, but by reading Hindi newspaper daily, I enhances my understanding abilities or I say my vocabulary, I learned alot of words, and now it's very easy for me to understand Hindi literature.

2. Please do not focus on quantity, focus on quality, cause quantity will end up you with a burn out and reading slump, like what happened to me with kdramas, now I just don't wanna watch anything, cause I watched too many in very less time. Quality with always help you to reach out to good things, through which you can actually learn something new.

3. If you really wanna try new genre, then don't makeup your mind after reading only one books, try to read 3-4 books by different writers, the easier ones, like for example this year my first classic was Hamlet, which was soo hard for me to understand, I marked soo much in that book cause Elizabethan English was too much for me, specially as someone who always kept English as a second language, but later I read 5 more classics, and through those I understood what kind of classic books I really like and they are not just SOME BORING NERDY LITERATURE.

Macbeth by Shakespeare 

This is how I read Macbeth, I love the book, but English was really hard for me, and there comes another question of my - Should we translate classic books into modern English/easier English for new generation? Which I would cover in some other blog after little bit of research.

Pride and prejudice and far from madding crowd 

Now you can clearly see the difference, all these three books were part of my syllabus of semester 4 and 5, so I thought it would be great to add these, even though there was some point when I had problems in understanding Jane Austen but I liked her work, but in the comparison with Thomas hardy, I would choose MR. HARDY over MISS. AUSTEN.

4. Don't get depressed after seeing your favourite book content creators tbr list of 50 books, okay first of all understand this, that all of them are earning money with that, so basically reading book is their job, secondly there are alot of people like me who has English literature (or any other language) as there major subject of studies, and like me alot of people wanna do something in that field, so reading books are basically part of our syllabus so it's not that hard for us to spend few hours on reading everyday or every week.

5. Take inspiration from social media, that's totally fine, I do that too, but also always remember that algorithm can be you biggest enemy, if you are active user of social media you must know what I'm taking about, sometimes algorithm promotes certain books over and over, which end up influencing you, it's okay to read those books but try to explore books by yourself, it's like a Pandora's box, you don't what you going to get.

6. Lastly, do don't have to pressure yourself cause reading is becoming an aesthetic these days like Home decor and self care thanks to capitalism and tiktok, like Devi KIM KARDASHIAN said, "SEEMS LIKE EVERYBODY WANTS TO READ THESE DAYS" , so I just wanna say that just because you've been seeing lots of people reading books that's doesn't means you should also start it if you are not really interested in it, or you tried but are not able to build any interest in it, there is no meaning of having a hobby if that's not providing you any sort of pleasure.

# Let me share are video with you, which can explain you alot of things which I'm not able to share, ir might've missed :-  THE READING AESTHETIC 


# Now here are few of my favourite book tubers :-

1. Jack Edwards

2. According to Alina :- Discovered her few days ago and I'm obsessed.

3. A clockwork reader

4. Caroline Marie reads


# My Goodreads :- πŸŒ·πŸŒ·

Lastly I wanted to conclude that reading is a type of hobby which had no end, it's like a loop hole, you only get option to start, even if you choose only certain genres only, you will not able to finish all the books of that genre, so just go slowly.

.

.

.

.

.

If you are still reading this, then I wanna say that unlike like blog (if you've read that) I hope you learned something better from my experience, even though in whole blog I sounded like a big booktuber or someone who knows alot about reading/books/English literature, but you know, I don't how to set tone in English or how to set tone in these type of long format write-ups, all I know is a typical genZ sarcastic tone which upto this point I've used too much. 


Thankyou so much for your time !!!

🌷😺🌷

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts