WHICH RELIGION IS THE BEST ?

 "My religion is my life, it is growing with my growth, and it has never been grafted on me from outside" these were the words of Shri Rabindranath Tagore, 8 July 1914.

  I guess those lines are enough to give you a hint about what we are going to talk about.

  Nowadays one thing which is problematic for my mental health is religion and secularism. There are a lot of questions that arise every minute but again there is no one to answer them. 

  And among all of them, the one which is most likely to come up every time is- which religion is the best in the world? Or which is more favorable for people/humanities to follow? 

  I'm writing all this cause yesterday, I was reading a poem by Tagore, called "leave this chanting" or the 11th poem from Geetanjali, and regarding that, I read a lot of other articles and also some thoughts of Baul and Kabir, I won't say I understood everything and now I have all the answers of all my questions, no that's not even possible, people spend years to find and understand all this so how could I understand this only by a poem or some articles.

  But one thing I understood from all this is that when people will understand that their religion is their work, nature, kindness, politeness, etc, from that day there will be no riots in the name of religion.

via pinterest

 

  According to Tagore’s thoughts, it is imperative to capture the right principle behind following any particular faith. In most of his presentations at Oxford, Tagore intended to capture ''the true spirit of religion''.

(RABINDRANATH TAGORE AS A RELIGIOUS POET) 

 

- TOPIC'S WE WILL COVER FURTHER

1.  Best religion of the world.

2. Am I a hypocrite

3. Conclusion

4. Other links that can help you.

   

- BEST RELIGION OF THE WORLD

Sometimes I laugh when people fight in the name of religion, I just think how can you fight over a thing that teaches you harmony, brotherhood, etc, I guess no religion in this world teaches you to go and kill innocent people if they do then it's a cult. 

   Well, I follow Hinduism, and I'm a religious person but that doesn't make my religion superior to every religion, it's superior for me cause I believe in those philosophies, and religions are just a way of life, the way you spend your life will be your religion.


 

   And for the answer of which religion is better so in my opinion, any religion that doesn't have rigidity in it, which change itself over time, which gives people equal right and opportunities are the best one in the world. Now it's upon you to decide and I don't think following Orthodox traditions in the 21st century is the right choice, you'll for sure end up like a "Pre-Renassaince man" who never questioned even after watching all the consequences.

 

- AM I A HYPOCRITE ?

Those who know me and are on my social media might think that this blog is just hypocritical to get some sort of recognition, well to be honest it's not, this won't give me any recognition, you would understand this if you know the algorithm of blogging, I barely get 50 views. 

   Well yes, I support my religion and I even show that in the stories, but I think that's what the real meaning of secularism is until I'm not defaming any religion I'm doing right, according to me- "being secular doesn't mean forgetting or siding your own culture".

via pinterest
 

And one thing I learned from my culture is "religious tolerance" when the whole world was in the egg shell my land was promoting "religious tolerance" by keeping their own culture alive.

 

- CONCLUSION

I thought a lot before writing this blog, I was scared when I started, not because I'm afraid of some so-called sensitive woke extremists, I was afraid because I thought I won't be able to describe everything that I feel. Even now after writing all this, I don't know how I performed, it's really hard to convey everything in the words for me, at least for now, I'm not that pro, I'm just a 19 yrs old who liked writing quotes and poems.

    But I think I tried my best and that is what matters to me, maybe in the future I'll correct something and that is what is called growth.

    Religion and cast are some of the very sensitive topics in India, and that's so obvious, but if you are not an atheist then somehow these things are related to you, to me and that's why a peaceful debate is required in this case.


 

    One thing that everyone should understand is that "religion is for you, you are not for religion", religion is a ray of hope in life, a persona that's always for you, in any problems, one thing that makes you believe that good things will always pay back. 

    And in the end, the harsh reality is you can't save your religion, you can only spread its teachings to people and let them decide if they like it or not, anything opposite to this will always harm your religion, I don't think you need examples. 

 

- OTHER LINK'S

1. Religious tolerance in the middle colonies. 

 

- thank you so much for reading this....




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts